Recipe: Chicken Broccoli Noodle Hotdish
by: Miranda Sherman – Minnesota Miranda
- 4 Chicken Breast
- 2 Boxes of Penne Rigate Noodles
- 2 Cups Skim Milk
- 2 Cans Cream of Celery Soup
- 6 Slices of American Cheese
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 Head of Broccoli or Large Bag
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Black Pepper
- Crushed Red Pepper
- In large pot add chicken, two cups hot water, pinch of salt, pinch of black pepper and pinch of crushed red pepper. Cook on stove top, high, partially covered until done.
- Meanwhile, pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place broccoli in large pot of warm water on high to boil with small pinch of salt.
- In medium sauce pan, add milk, cream of celery, cheese slices, butter, salt, pepper and 2 pinches of crushed red pepper. On medium heat, stir until completely melted, turn to low, stirring occasionally, be sure to avoid bottom burning.
- Scoop cooked broccoli out of water with slotted spoon, set aside. Add noodles to boiling broccoli water to cook.
- Remove cooked chicken from pot and dice into preferred size chunks. Strain cooked noodles, add to 13×9 baking dish, add chicken chunks, and cheese sauce, stir. Add broccoli and cover with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees, uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Makes 8 servings